Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lauren and Elle - A Delightful Duo!

Lauren did not have school on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day so I took the opportunity to invite one of her best gal pals over to play. This was the first time, outside of a "babysitting" situation that Lauren had a playmate come to the house.

Lauren was so fired up about the playdate. I feared she would do too much pre-planning for the event (like her mother) and then be disappointed if all the items on her list were not accomplished. I was pleasantly surprised to see that she was open to any activity that interested Elle.

The girls headed straight to Lauren's room where they played for almost two hours. There were various visits from one or both of them wearing some type of dress up clothing and clunk clunk clunking down the hall wearing dress up shoes. As you can imagine, Lauren's room, that was perfectly tidied and neat that morning, was almost unrecognizable after the girls were done.

Prior to lunchtime, the girls decided they would like to watch a DVD that Elle had brought with her. Chad and I decided the best place to set them up for video viewing would be our bedroom. (The rationale being that they couldn't TRASH that room like they would any other room in the house that holds Lauren items) The girls were so darn cute I had to get a picture of them. They look like two teenagers!



After lunch, the girls expressed an interest in playing in the backyard. Things were a bit damp, but it felt like an early spring day and was irresistible! Lauren and Elle headed out in sweaters, but shed them almost immediately. I sat out on the screened porch with my laptop while they played and generally ignored their activity until I saw them dragging tree limbs and chunks of branches over to one area of the yard. As I eavesdropped on their conversations I realized they were building a campfire. Lauren was in charge of the whole operation and thankfully Elle was a willing participant.















The girls had a wonderful time together. Lauren was SO SAD when Elle's mom came to pick her up. All in all I think Lauren proved she is a delightful playdate hostess!

1 comment: